FYC Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are peoples plans for this year mod wise or new car etc

5 posters

Go down

What are peoples plans for this year mod wise or new car etc Empty What are peoples plans for this year mod wise or new car etc

Post  Tom Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:27 pm

Hi people,

Juat a bit of random conversation really, Whats are peoples answers to the above?

For me;

Big brakes (probably k sports)
Some chassis stiffening, possibly a cage
Track wheels with slicks
Oh and a remap on sat Very Happy

Also guna be looking at getting a new car at the end of the year too. 330d, a4 or along those lines.
Tom
Tom
regular forum abuser
regular forum abuser

Back to top Go down

What are peoples plans for this year mod wise or new car etc Empty Re: What are peoples plans for this year mod wise or new car etc

Post  Morgey Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:48 pm

for the starlet,

get new manifold on
de-limit it
get track wheels/tyres
either put p/s on or change to a non p/s rack
get good geo done
and track it

corolla

erm sell it lol
Morgey
Morgey

Back to top Go down

What are peoples plans for this year mod wise or new car etc Empty Re: What are peoples plans for this year mod wise or new car etc

Post  Tom Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:34 pm

You love the rolla!
Tom
Tom
regular forum abuser
regular forum abuser

Back to top Go down

Post  Morgey Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:06 am

Yes I do but I think its time to change soonish. Its either that or run it into the ground. It just dont seem to be as economic as it used to be Sad
Morgey
Morgey

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:38 am

306 td maaaatttteeee?
Tom
Tom
regular forum abuser
regular forum abuser

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumbar Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:37 pm

Im not sure yet lol

Im thinking bigger throttle body, 3'' exhaust (at some point) and maybe even cams before a remap Wink
Gumbar
Gumbar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryland Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:15 pm

Tempted to source some EVO wheels when I need new tyres and fix the bumper lol.

Other than that just run it, track it more and make a trip to the ring.

Ryland

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumbar Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:03 am

Yes ryhorn! do it!
Gumbar
Gumbar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:30 pm

Which wheels, same as matts?
Tom
Tom
regular forum abuser
regular forum abuser

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryland Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:31 pm

Yeah, they fit straight on near enough, just need spigot rings and Evo bolts.

Depends what cash I have after furnishing the house. Infact my wheels need a refurb, so if I cba to spend any money on the car this year it will be wheel based.

Talk of the ring has been a bit quiet recently, but that's got to be done!

Ryland

Back to top Go down

Post  integie-dc2 Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:44 pm

strip the car and start all over again Mad
integie-dc2
integie-dc2

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:37 am

Got some work on your hands then lol?

Keep us updated in your build thread!
Tom
Tom
regular forum abuser
regular forum abuser

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryland Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:13 am

Ring trip is a go!

Found out yesterday since my last day at Snetterton I need a rear ARB drop link, both steering track rod ends and two tyres!

Car needs some TLC. Going to now look into some EVO wheels, paint them black and get some sticky tyres, something like
What are peoples plans for this year mod wise or new car etc 13101-13365-main--797

Then I can keep my current wheels for winter.

Ryland

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:33 am

Ah so it was your drop link making that noise?

Did the misshap cause the rod ends to be knackered?

How much are those tyres?
Tom
Tom
regular forum abuser
regular forum abuser

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryland Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:08 am

Yeah just the drop link. I was just unlucky. I've no idea on the rod ends, nothing was spotted when the geo was done.
The tyres are just over £100 each, so a good bit cheaper than my current tyres. Tyres are cheaper in that size than mine.

Ryland

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:37 pm

Not too bad then mate. Are you getting the same wheels as matts? Do you want me to keep an eye out on mlr for some as they go for sod all on there?
Tom
Tom
regular forum abuser
regular forum abuser

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryland Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:40 pm

They're the ones. I'm after some, not in a hurry but the sooner the better. If you can keep a look out that would be cool, they dont come up on ebay too often.

Thanks mate.

Ryland

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down